Thinking about putting on a spectacular fireworks display for friends and family at your backyard barbeque or July 4th celebration? You may want to think twice.
While fireworks are legal to purchase by consumers in many states, that doesn’t always make them a safe option for at-home use.
Download InfographicAccording to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, fireworks are responsible for over 19,500 fires annually and cause thousands of injuries each year.
While we’re the last ones to turn down a party, the only safe way to view fireworks is to attend a professional show where first responders are standing by to ensure everyone has a safe celebration.
Can’t make it to a professional show this year?
Here are six ways to show your patriotic spirit this holiday season without risking your safety:
- Use glow sticks, they glow in the dark and are a safe alternative to a sparkler. Fun for all ages.
- Be loud and proud. Noise makers are sure to make a statement. They can be found at local party supply stores or make your own.
- Outdoor movie night. Set up a screen and projector. Don’t forget the bugspray!
- Red, white and blue silly string…fun for all ages.
- Make a patriotic craft with the family. Rocket launch, anyone?
- Throw a birthday party for the USA, and don’t forget the cake.
For more tips and resource for firework safety, visit the National Fire Protection Association website.
For help rebuilding and recovering your property after a fire loss, contact us.